Peanut Butter & Jelly Chicken Lollipops
Recipe - No. 3
Behind the recipe
It Was My Little Girl’s First Tailgate
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup raspberry preserves
- 2 tbsp. Sriracha
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated
- 30 drumsticks
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ½ cup peanuts, finely chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
1. To lollipop your drumsticks, start by cutting through the skin and tendons where the thick, meaty section ends. Pull the skin off the bone part, and throw it away. Clean up any remains so you get a nice, clean handle. (It helps to use a cutting board, so you can twirl and slice the drumstick at once.)
2. Push the flesh downward away from the bone to form a rounder, more lollipopish shape.
3. For the wing sauce, combine peanut butter, raspberry preserves, Sriracha, soy sauce, water, garlic, and ginger in a large saucepan, and place on your Nexgrill.
4. Whisk the ingredients over medium-high heat until smooth, and set aside.
5. In a large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch and baking powder.
6. Dip your lollipops in the peanut butter mixture until the meaty part is evenly coated.
Preheat your Nexgrill to medium/medium-high heat.
Spread your lollipops out on the grill, and cook, turning occasionally, for about an hour, or until the internal temperature reaches 175-185 degrees Fahrenheit.
Remove from heat and let cool for five minutes.
Toss your pops in the wing sauce you made, then garnish with the chopped peanuts and cilantro.
Recipe - No. 3
Try Pairing It With These Other Recipes
Recipe - No. 5
Recipe - No. 6
Recipe - No. 13